Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hats off to these reporters!

I caught a link to a refreshing article and video of two Chicago Tribune staff reporters that decided to go hunting. First off, I'd like to say thanks for a video and article that has a positive message and doesn't trash firearms or their owners...not always what we see from that publication.

Glad to see that they went the extra mile to make this happen. They attended the DNR's Hunter Education Program and also received their FOID cards, then they sought out hands-on training. One of the reporters mentions (in the video) that "guns are very scary to me", so this is an especially big step for her and I'm glad to see her take it.

I'll be contacting them and extending an invitation to IGOLD and to learn more about the responsible use of firearms for sport and self defense. I'll be sure to update here if they accept.

Read the article and see the video:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/tribu/ct-perspec-0227-brotman-20110225,0,5969485.column

No comments:

Post a Comment