Saturday, December 29, 2012

Got that flu going around? Catch up on reading!

Yep, that's what I'm doing anyway and I've barely got a touch of it compared to some folks I've talked to. I just have a generally "blah" feeling and am scared to eat anything...just in case.

Sitting around the house all day has given me time to do some reading though and I want to point you good folks to a blog posting that is lengthy but a very well thought out piece and could give you some arguments to use when talking with anti gunners. You can find it over at An opinion on gun control and I encourage you to set aside 15 or 20 minutes and give it a look, it really is very well done.

Many have also heard about Chicago trying to hide its 500th murder for the year by reclassifying one as a "death investigation". Where I come from, we call that lying. It's little surprise really, they don't even comply with the FBI methodology for reporting rapes. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-6  (scroll all the way to the bottom and look for footnote #2)

It's been a tough year to be a gun owner but some good has come about as well. Don't forget to visit IllinoisCarry to stay up to date on the status of concealed carry in IL. That link is just the main page BTW, be sure to visit the forums as well.

Here's hoping for a bright new year for all of us in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment