Wednesday, September 4, 2013

School stabbing shows that guns aren't the real problem

Today I'm skipping on IL issues and jumping down to Texas, I'm also possibly a bit quick with this since I prefer to let folks grieve a bit before running my mouth. For some reason today, I can't seem to help it though, forgive me.

Earlier today there was a high school cafeteria fight that turned into a stabbing with 1 dead and 3 others injured. Details are still vague but the situation is under control, so we can all be thankful for that. I'd ask that you send some thoughts and prayers toward those affected by this crime.

Spring High School apparently has its own police force, which arrived within one minute according to this officer.  I'd guess that this response probably did save some lives and serves as an example that more schools should have their own police force and/or armed faculty/staff (properly trained of course).

To me this is another clear example that guns aren't the real issue in our society. Our own collective failure at raising our children is more likely to blame than guns. We are seeing kids/teens/young people today that either don't understand the repercussions of their actions or they have absolutely no regard for human life...I'm sure someone involved in Sociology could say which, but it's beyond me.

But because some folks like the CSGV believe that guns are evil - rather than criminals -  we'll keep having incidents like this. Instead we should be taking some real action and protecting our kids with the best tools available.


No comments:

Post a Comment